The following laws govern the operations of the Intellectual Property and Commerce section of the office.
- Convention Establishing the World Intellectual Property Organization
- Paris Convention for the Protection of industrial Property, 1883 as revised in 1967
- The Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT), 1970
- Protocol Relating to the Madrid Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Marks (as amended on November 12, 2007)
- The Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works 1986
- The WTO/TRIPS Agreement on the Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property
- Patent Law Treaty (PLT)
- Budapest Treaty on the International Recognition of the Deposit of Microorganisms for the Purposes of Patent Procedure.